Becoming a member of the National Geographic Expeditions community comes with a whole host of benefits. Not only will you receive a monthly newsletter filled with some of our latest trips, exclusive discounts, travel tips and stories, but new subscribers will also be entered into a prize draw to win a unique National Geographic Expeditions Kit.
To be in with a chance of winning the National Geographic Expeditions Kit, all you have to do is subscribe to our newsletter and your email will automatically be entered into a prize draw. See T&Cs below:
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPEDITIONS KIT PRIZE DRAW (Prize Promotion)
The Promoter is NGC EUROPE LIMITED of 10 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- Employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliated/group companies or any suppliers connected with the administration of this Prize Promotion or any members of those employees’ families are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants can enter the Prize Promotion only as specified in these terms and conditions.
- The winner may be required to provide the Promoter with the form of proof of identity as Promoter in reasonable discretion requests before receipt of any prize. Failure to produce sufficient evidence as to identity may result in disqualification.
- No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will be accepted. Failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions (including instructions) will disqualify any entrant from taking part in the Prize Promotion and the entry will be invalid.
- To enter, entrants must register their email address for the NGE DE newsletter in our website (https://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.de/abonnieren/) and will automatically be entered into the prize draw.
- All entries must be received during the term of the Prize Promotion commencing at 9am GMT on 30/10/2019 and ending at 11pm GMT on 21/01/2020 (Closing Date). Only one entry is allowed per person. Any entry received after the Closing Date will be invalid. Multiple email addresses used by an entrant to submit more than one entry are not permitted; in such event we may, at our discretion, elect to consider only one entry instead of fully disqualifying.
- No purchase is necessary for entry in the Prize Promotion.
- Any entry made giving another person’s (or a false) name or other dishonest information will be disqualified.
- The winner will be chosen at random from the pool of entrants who registered for the NGE DE newsletter during the term of the Prize Promotion.
- The winner will be contacted by email on 28/01/2020.
- The Promoter’s decision in this Prize Promotion is final and legally binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize offered by National Geographic is a unique National Geographic Expeditions Kit. The Kit is worth over 80€ and includes;
- National Geographic ‘We Are All Explorers’ bag
- National Geographic Plant or Plastic? shirt
- National Geographic copper vaccume cup
- National Geographic travel case
- The prize for this Prize Promotion will be given to the winner as set out in these terms and conditions. The winner must accept the prize in that form. Under no circumstances will cash be given as an alternative. The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value.
- If the selected winner is unreachable, ineligible, disqualified or fails to claim the prize within 10 days of notification being sent by the Promoter, that winner automatically forfeits the prize.
- The winner will be liable for any taxes or surcharges that may be levied on the prize and for any expenses not specified in the description of the prize except for expenses of shipment to an address within Germany and Austria. The winner shall be requested to, and agrees to, enter into an affidavit in the form provided to him/her by National Geographic by which the winner confirms formal acceptance of the prize and acknowledges that the winner is liable for all (if any) taxes and surcharges that may be levied on the prize.
- The Promoter will not be held liable for a prize if it does not reach the winner for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
Publicity and Personal Data
- When entering into this Prize Promotion we may pass your personal data outside the EU for the purposes of processing and storing on the Promoter’s servers for the purpose of administering the Prize Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify these rules, suspend or discontinue the Prize Promotion at any time, including without limitation where it is necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control or if it cannot be guaranteed that the Prize Promotion can be carried out correctly for technical or legal reasons or if the Promoter suspects that any person has been manipulating the administration of the Prize Promotion or has acted unethically in any other way.
Prize Promotion – NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPEDITIONS KIT PRIZE DRAW
- Who is the data controller?
NGC Europe Limited, with registered office at 10 Hammersmith Grove, London W6 7AP (hereinafter the “Controller”), is the data controller of your personal data. The Controller can be contacted at the following e-mail address FNGPrivacy_DE@fox.com.
- Which personal data are processed?
The Controller process the personal data provided by you (hereinafter, the “Data“) and collected during your participation to the [NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPEDITIONS KIT PRIZE DRAW] prize promotion (hereinafter the “Promotion“). The Data includes your name, email address and telephone number.
- For what purposes the Data are processed?
The Data will be processed by the Controller for the following purposes:
- To perform the contract to which you are party in order to participate to the Promotion, including management and administration of the Promotion;
- To comply with legal obligations or with orders of the competent authorities (the purposes under point a) and b) are jointly defined as the “Contractual Purposes”);
- To complete a corporate transaction, such as a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Controller business, assets or stock, including any bankruptcy or similar proceedings (hereinafter defined as the “Legitimate Interest Purposes“).
- Upon your prior consent, for the promotion of product and services of the Controller and other marketing communications via traditional mail, e-mail, SMS, telephone, chat and social media.
- On what legal basis do we process your Data?
The processing of your Data is mandatory for the Contractual Purposes, since it necessary for your participation to the Promotion in the case of let. a) Section 3 above, and to comply with legal obligations in the case of let. b) Section 3 above.
- How do we process your Data?
The Data is processed through both electronic and manual means and is protected through adequate security measures that guarantee security, confidentiality and the avoidance of unauthorized access.
- Who has access to the Data?
The Data will be processed by the Controller for all the purposes described above.
For the Contractual Purposes the Data may also be communicated to the following categories of third parties, which perform activities instrumental and connected to the performance of the Promotion within the European Union and, within the limits referred to in Section 7 below, outside the European Union, such as: (i) assistance service providers for the performance of the Promotion, including prize-winning organization agencies, tax and legal advisory offices, (ii) IT or archiving service providers, (iii) group companies. The Data may be disclosed for the Legitimate Interest Purposes to (i) tax and legal advice consultants, (ii) assignee companies or divested business branch, potential buyers of the Controller and companies resulting from possible mergers, demergers or other corporate transactions relating to the Controller, also in the context of the activities functional to such transactions and (iii) competent authorities. The Data may finally be disclosed for the Marketing Purposes to group companies and service providers.
The parties indicated above may act, as appropriate, as data processors or independent data controllers. The updated list of external data processors is available at the Controller’s registered office and may be requested by contacting the Controller at the following e-mail address FNGPrivacy_DE@fox.com.
- Is your Data transferred abroad?
Your Data may be transferred to countries within and outside the European Economic Area, in particular to the United States of America. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place appropriate and suitable safeguards designed to protect your Data and the transfer it in compliance with applicable data protection laws, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission as per Articles 45 and 46 of the Privacy Regulation.
- What are your rights with regard to your Data?
You have the right, at any given time, to: (i) obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Data exist; (ii) be informed of its content and source, verify its accuracy or request rectification, update or amendments; (ii) request the deletion, conversion to an anonymous form or restriction of any Data processed in breach of applicable law, as well as to oppose its processing, in all cases, for legitimate reasons.
In this regard you may send your request at the following e-mail address FNGPrivacy_DE@fox.com.
It is understood that you will have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority where the applicable conditions are met.
- GDPR Information
- Retention period applying to your Data
At the end of the retention period your Data will be either cancelled, anonymized or aggregated.
- Additional rights
a) Request to Controller to limit the processing of the Data where:
- You contest the accuracy of the Data until we have taken sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy;
- The processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the Data;
- We no longer need the Data for the purposes of the processing, but you require the Data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- Where you have objected to processing for the Legitimate Interest Purposes pending verification as to whether the Controller has compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing.
b) Object to the processing of your Data;
c) Request the erasure of your Data without undue delay;
d) Receive an electronic copy of your Data, that you have provided to us, if you would like to port your Data to yourself or a different provider (“data portability”), when the Data is processed by automatic means and the processing is either (i) based upon your consent or (ii) the fact that the processing is necessary for performance of contract related to the Promotion; and
e) Lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.